Winter tends to be the season that I let myself go especially once the holidays are over. “I don’t need to shave my legs, no one will see them.” “Pedicure…nah, I won’t be wearing sandals this time of year.” “Relaxation, what is that?”
It dawned on me that if I spent more time being good to myself during the Winter, I might feel a little more energized. I might not dread those damp dark days. And so, I made a list of ways to relax, warm up and feel better during the cold winter months that I’d like to share with you.
1. A Hot Stone Massage – Quite possibly the best way to warm up and relax at the same time. The tension will literally melt away.
2. A foot bath with sea salt – You might not always see those feet in closed toe shoes but they’re still there. A foot bath keeps the feet healthy and feeling fresh.
3. An all over body scrub followed by intense moisturization – Exfoliation and hydration are important year round but especially during winter months when skin tends to get real dry.
4. A hot bath with an aromatic candle – Just plain relaxing!
5. A new hair color – I don’t know about you, but I always feel refreshed when I switch up my hair color. Even if it’s just a shade darker or lighter.
6. Warm milk with cinnamon – This cozy drink makes me feel fuzzy all over. Try adding honey or sweeteners if you’re feeling up for it.
7. A hair treatment – A hair treatment will help restore moisture leaving hair softer, more supple and shiny.
8. Purchase a humidifier – This has been my saving grace! A humidifier next to your bed will help eliminate dry skin that comes from cranking the heater on a cold day.