Get Ready Victoria, We’re Coming! Eccotique Opens It’s Brand New Location this April
Construction is almost complete on our brand new location in gorgeous Uptown Centre! We are so excited to join the likes of H & M, Forever 21, BCBG and Joe Fresh among many other amazing stores – and look forward to bringing our unique spa & salon experience to the Island!
The opening will mark Eccotique’s first ever Vancouver Island location, and our 8th store in BC.
Please visit Uptown Centre’s Website for details on this beautiful outdoor complex www.shopuptown.ca/ and don’t forget to follow them on Facebook for all the new construction updates and store opening specials
Preparing for your wedding can be stressful! So stressful in fact that you may forget about yourself. That’s why we’ve created the Be Good to Yourself Bride Guide. The beauty countdown that will have you looking and feeling fabulous on your big day. Because let’s face it…it’s all about you!(Download the Bride Guide below)
Our Victoria Uptown Centre Eccotique location is excited to launch Dermalogica!
What is Dermalogica? They are a global professional skincare brand committed to delivering skin health results “through education, innovation and professional recommendation – not through advertising, frilly packaging, promises of miracle cures, or overblown hype.” Dermalogica promises products customized to your skin type, with scientifically proven ingredients that are high performance and results driven. The company is privately owned, and operates out of a 175,000 square foot facility where they are devoted to research and education of the professional. Dermalogica believes that truly understanding your skin is the first step to a lifetime of skin health.
MicroZone Treatments: A unique aspect to Dermalogica is their “MicroZone” treatments, available at our location. These “Face Mapping” customized 30 minute treatments include expert analysis of your skin, product recommendations and a “map” of your skin zones – decoded section by section by our skin experts. These treatments will equip you with “real advice and a results driven regimen only available from a trained professional.”
Our Eccotique Uptown location will be hosting a launch event of Dermalogica on July 18th – more fantastic event details coming soon.
Pop in to our Uptown location to browse our selection of amazing products or get educated on your skin!
Looking for tips on how to get a natural bronzed glow for your upcoming wedding? Get the look with some of St. Tropez’s Wedding Tanning tips!
“Think about a self tan as ‘enhancing’ the skin rather than being darker. A gentle layer of self tan followed by one of our illuminators will ensure you have a natural glow with a light radiance.”
“Treat your tan like you would your dress, hair or make-up trial. If you’re using home products, become familiar with the products you choose to use. If you decide to have a professional salon treatment, go in for a few ‘practice’ sprays beforehand!”
Royal Radiance: “Apply your tan preferably two days before your wedding and maintain it using one of our Gradual Tan products daily. On the day, just a simple dab of Skin Illuminator on your collar and cheek bones will make any tan ‘pop’!”
Prior to your wedding day, come in to our Coquitlam or Metrotown East location for an Airbrush Tan consultation and to try it out! Or visit any of our Eccotique locations to test out our St. Tropez Retail Self Tan Collection to find your perfect product
St. Tropez Retail – Now Available at ALL Locations!
You asked for it, now we have delivered! Due to the popularity of the St. Tropez Self Tanning Retail Collection at our Coquitlam and Metrotown locations, we have brought the collection in to all of our stores!
Popular with celebrities all over the world, this collection is a must have for Victoria Beckham, Kim Kardashian, Kylie Minogue, Jennifer Lopez, Lauren Conrad, Jessica Alba and Jennifer Anniston among many.
St. Tropez has won beauty awards year after year from Elle, In Style and Allure Magazine including Best Beauty Buy. The range is renowned for it’s natural looking bronze colour, light floral scent (with Aromaguard – say goodbye to smelly skin!), and a “no-orange” guarantee.
Get the look with St. Tropez:
(Images courtesy of sttropeztan.com)
If you want to learn more about these amazing self tan products, please visit your closest Eccotique location to try the collection out!
It’s common knowledge that the condition of your skin and the rate you age has little to do with your genetics and more to do with how well you protect your skin from sun damage. Most of us always use an SPF, especially in the summer, but what most of us are NOT aware of is certain foods we can consume to actually help protect our skin from the inside out! Read on for some nutritional powerhouse foods that can protect the skin and actually produce a more radiant, glowing complexion!
Load up on OMEGA-3′s: Collagen provides cell renewal and skin “structure” support – the more you age, the less collagen you have naturally. Boost it in your body by loading up on Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Omega 3′s are anti-inflammatory – meaning they work to reduce inflammation to proteins like Collagen in the skin. Enhanced Collagen production and function can help keep your skin firmer for longer giving your skin a more youthful “full” appearance. Some top sources of this amazing protein? Salmon, trout, sardines and tuna – try to eat at least one of these fish sources 3 x’s per week to get more than enough in your system consistently. If you are not a fan of fish, try eating chia seeds, flaxseeds, walnuts or pumpkin seeds in your morning smoothie.
Antioxidant Rich Vitamins: Sunscreen is vital for protecting the skin from the sun’s damaging rays, but you can also consume Antioxidants that have been scientifically proven to curb the damaging effects of free radicals. Try upping your intake of Vitamin A, C and E as these will help to enhance collagen synthesis. Some of the largest sources of these Antioxidants? Broccoli, spinach, cantaloupe and red cabbage. For more Vitamin E, add in sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, peanut or almond butter, broccoli and spinach.
Spices: You probably have these Antioxidant powerhouses already hidden in your kitchen pantry! Mustard seed, cloves and most pumpkin pie or curry spice mixes are great sources of free radical fighting properties. Both have been shown to have anti-cancer and scar-diminishing properties as well!
Experiment by adding these different spice blends to grilled veggies and meats this summer for great new flavours and fabulous skin health benefits!
Don’t get us wrong – we LOVE hot, summer weather! While the sunshine and vitamin D are great for the skin, the hotter weather can cause excessive oiliness and more frequent breakouts -especially in humidity! Use these tips to keep your skin clear and shine free all summer long
1. Use the RIGHT cleanser: Even if your skin is not prone to breakouts, switching up your cleanser to one that fights acne in the summer months will help your skin stay matte and prevent oil buildup. With all those sunscreens and lotions applied daily to your face, you want something a bit stronger that is going to remove excess grease. Try a foamy deep cleanser with anti-drying ingredients (try Aveda Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser with organic lemon and geranium oils for nourishment) and your skin will be prepped for the day.
2. Slather on the sunscreen! Using a generous amount of sunscreen formulated for the face will actually prevent excess oiliness. If your skin cream doesn’t already have a high SPF in it, try replacing your normal daytime moisturizer with a facial sunscreen formulated for your skin type… people usually apply their normal face cream prior to sunscreen in the summer months. This can cause product build up and increase oil production.
3. Skip your liquid foundation and concealer. Liquid foundations can be too heavy for summer, so switch it up to a powder based formula with minerals added. This will sit on the skin and absorb excess oils. If you have to use a concealer, buy two types of powder foundation – one light and one a more tanned shade to match your tone. You can use the lighter one to cover more obvious imperfections prior to applying the darker one to your whole face, OR you can mix the two for the perfect shade as your skin tans!
4. Load up on Vitamin A: Eating foods rich in Vitamin A actually help to decrease oil production. Foods to try: Carrots, spinach and cantaloupe! Also, try to steer clear of cocktails or spicy foods. Both dilate blood vessels increasing sweat production!
5. Us a Face Mask once a week: Buy a face mask designed to clear the skin using natural clay. Even if you don’t get breakouts this will help to temporarily matte the skin and decrease oil production! Try Aveda’s Deep Cleansing Herbal Clay Mask- made with natural ingredients that won’t dry out your complexion.
We hope these tips will help keep your skin clear and shine free even through the most humid and hot conditions!