One of our favourite role models for natural beauty is definitely Emmy Rossum. Her porcelain complexion and stunning features never get covered up with too much makeup, and her positive attitude toward the pressures of Hollywood, ageing, and being young and happy inspire us!
Here are some no nonsense beauty tips from Emmy that are so easy – anyone can follow them and get great results!
1. Anti-aging is about being preventative. “My thing is preventative and not so much about reversing the signs of aging. Im all about spending on a day cream and an eye cream now, so that I don’t have to do needles and cut my face open later,” Emmy says. “If you make sure your collagen is in check in your 20s and 30s, then you’ll never have to worry about sticking lots of needles in your forehead.”
Eccotip on how to build and maintain collagen naturally: eat your dark, leafy greens! Green veggies contain high levels of Lutein (an antioxidant) which will boost skin hydration and elasticity, therefore fighting and preventing wrinkles. You need about 10mg of Lutein per day to see results – which equals about 4 oz of Spinach or 2oz of Kale.
2. Have a DIY beauty party for your next girls night. “I have facial parties where my friends come over and try new products and we give each other facials,” she says. “We try a lot of different things and play around.”
Eccotip on how to make the perfect at home facial scrub: combine about 1 tbsp sugar with 1 tbsp honey, then add in 10 drops Aveda Beautifying Composition and a few drops of purified water for desired consistency. Massage into damp skin and leave on for up to 10 minutes. Optional: add in a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice if you have oilier skin, and some yogurt if you have dry skin! You can also add in pure essential oils of your choosing for an aroma-therapeutic experience!
3. Anti-acne body wash is perfect for after the gym. “After I do a spin class or whatever, I always make sure to use an anti-acne body wash,” she says. “They make sure your skin is disinfected and really clean. You can put the moisture back in if you use a body oil or butter.”
Eccotip: use a natural antiseptic body wash like Aveda’s Rosemary Mint hand and body wash with organic rosemary and peppermint oils after a sweat session to prevent bacteria from building up without over-drying your skin.
4. Buy travel sized bottles to fill with your favourites. “I always buy those days-of-the-week medical pill cases and then cut off the tops of my lipsticks and fill them.” Emmy buys travel sized bottles from the drugstore and fills them up with all her favourite products from home so she never has to be without them.
Eccotip: Most of your favourite Eccotique products are available in a smaller size – perfect for travel! Visit our location today and we will help you navigate our selection available so you never have to be without! Already have a product you can’t live without? Fill pill cases like Emmy with your favourites – this tip works best with creamier products that do not drip easily.
5. Pinterest is a go-to place for beauty inspiration. When it comes to creating a beauty look for her next red carpet appearance, Emmy turns to Pinterest. “I love to google editorial pictures and look on Pinterest and beauty blogs.”
Eccotip: utilize Pinterest to find the latest beauty looks from a variety of sources. Pinterest makes it easy to scan a number of different fashion, beauty and hair looks until you find one that speaks to you. Visit Eccotique’s Pinterest Page for OUR latest beauty boards and inspiration.
Emmy Rossum interview courtesy of bellasugar.com