9 healthy skin habits that won’t let you down!
1. Ensuring a balanced daily skin care routine always ensures balanced skin complexion results.
When you have an out of balance skin care routine you will have an out of balance complexion. It’s important to commit to a skin care product system and stick to it and choose a daily routine that is easy for your lifestyle to ensure that you will see consistent skin care results.
2. Drinking enough water daily is a really important factor in ensuring your skin looks happy, healthy and hydrated! If you don’t like to drink water think of adding water into your daily routine that is fast and easy, you can always quickly drink 2 cups of water in the morning as soon as you get up; it will only take seconds and benefits your skin greatly.
3. We have all heard the saying, “You are what you eat”, and of course it’s true, especially when talking about healthy skin.
We know that eating a bag of candy and a chocolate bar everyday won’t do us very good physically inside and the same rule applies to ensuring your skin if happy on the outside. Eating fresh foods and balanced meals will make your skin look fabulously fed!
4.Commitment to cleansing! Do you cleanse in the morning and at night? It’s extremely important that you do!Throughout the day your skin absorbs pollutants in the air, dirt and oil build on your skin everyday; and think about how many times a day you touch your face! While you sleep your skin rests and rejuvenates after a long day, much like the rest of your body does. It is very important that you take advantage of this by letting your skin breathe! Cleaning your skin in the morning and at night and referring back to #1 will ensure healthy skin results.
5. Pain is beauty? No pain, no gain? Not true!
Well, maybe when it comes to physical results (muscles in pain after a run or workout) these statements are not true when it comes to daily skin care. Cleansers, Toners, Exfoliants and Moisturizers… Masques, Serums, Eye Creams etc. should never create pain or discomfort. Abrasive products cause abrasive results like redness, blotchy patches, and burning. Choose products that will support in maintaining beautiful skin daily, don’t use that Exfoliant that burns so bad every Sunday night – it’s not doing you any good! If you don’t know how to get started here refer back to #1 and be good to your skin so your skin will be good to you!
6. Rest! No, coffee doesn’t wake up skin like it does your brain (if only!).
The only thing that can wake up tired skin is rest! Even the best products that say that they can wake up your skin won’t fix what lack of sleep does over time. Think about if you went 2 days without sleeping, it would catch up with you – the same rule applies to sleep for skin. And hey, maybe you’ll save money on coffee costs while you’re at it! They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing!
7. If you can’t remember the last time you cleaned your make up brushes – you need new ones!!!
Cleaning your make up brushes regularly can make a huge impact to your complexion; most women NEVER wash their make up brushes. Think about what can build up in your brushes… dirt, old make up, oil and bacteria, then you put all of that on your face day in and day out and then wonder why your pores are still bigger then you’d like. Synthetic bristle make up brushes are better then natural bristle make up brushes (as apposed to synthetic ingredients in products) because they do not have pores/cuticles like natural brushes do. Natural make up brushes are more likely to get dirtier faster because of what they absorb. Synthetic bristle brushes are also best for blending!
8. When was the last time you sought the advice of a professional? Next time you are out and about shopping stop into an Eccotique and ask questions about what can help make your complexion better. You don’t have to buy anything, free advice, from a professional! YES PLEASE! Then refer back to #1 to help you ensure amazing results!
9. Stop looking for a quick fix – it doesn’t exist! If a quick fix existed, that was super easy and only took seconds out of your day and gave you flawless skin results, don’t you think we would all have figured it out by now? As we addressed in healthy habits #1-8 above, you must be tenacious and committed to taking care of yourself and your skin on many levels; and you WILL see successful results.
BE GOOD TO YOURSELF, if you aren’t – it will show on your skin.